- Accurate estimation of coding tasks is essential if you want to maintain trust between coders and managers
- don't be afraid to push estimation back due to scope creep, etc
- TDD is a way to write better code faster in the long run
- (I already knew this but it was good to hear it again [and again, and again, and again])
- Pair programming is also a way to write better code faster in the long run
- Never tried this in depth, but I'd really like to. Guess as a team lead that might even be up to me!
anyway I'm inspired to be more professional in my coding life, so I guess he succeeded. Book's a quick read, too.